I’m Logan. I’m a software developer living in New York.
I started my journey in software about three years ago when I started using R for my economics thesis in college. Right after I graduated I decided to pursue software engineering fulltime. I enrolled in a program in Seattle called Ada Developer’s Academy. Ada is a yearlong program for women and gender diverse folks to study computer science broadly. As part of this year, I got the opportunity to work at Chef Software for 6 months. At Chef, I got really excited about pursuing a career geared towards Ops and systems engineering. Two years ago I moved out to New York to begin my career.
I have first worked as an Operations Engineer at Kickstarter. In my time at Kickstarter, I concentrated on metrics & monitoring, site reliability, incident response, and some cool serverless architecture.
I’m using this blog to talk about the things I’m learning both at work and outside work. This blog is very simple. It’s really just a place for me to keep some public thoughts, nothing more. Thanks for following along!
- BuzzFeed News Bylines
- Increment Magazine Security Edition 2018
- BuzzFeed Tech Bylines
- Kickstarter Tech Bylines
- Dev.to writing
- The Lead Developer NYC pre 2019 conference meetup
- Speaker at SRECon Americas 2019
- How We Built It Meetup February 2019
- Slides from a talk I gave at BrooklynJS on Homograph Attacks
- A talk on Node, AWS Lambda, and serverless functions I gave at NodeConf Barcelona
- Lightning talk I gave about learning at Monitorama (start at 6m07s)