I’m Logan. I’m a software developer living in New York.
I started my journey in software about three years ago when I started using R for my economics thesis in college. Right after I graduated I decided to pursue software engineering fulltime. I enrolled in a program in Seattle called Ada Developer’s Academy. Ada is a yearlong program for women and gender diverse folks to study computer science broadly. As part of this year, I got the opportunity to work at Chef Software for 6 months. At Chef, I got really excited about pursuing a career geared towards Ops and systems engineering. Two years ago I moved out to New York to begin my career.
I have first worked as an Operations Engineer at Kickstarter. In my time at Kickstarter, I concentrated on metrics & monitoring, site reliability, incident response, and some cool serverless architecture.
I’m using this blog to talk about the things I’m learning both at work and outside work. This blog is very simple. It’s really just a place for me to keep some public thoughts, nothing more. Thanks for following along!
- Speaker at SRECon Americas 2019
- Opening Speaker for Monitorama 2018
- Ruby on Rails 5by5 Podcast
- Slides from a talk I gave at BrooklynJS on Homograph Attacks 2017
- A talk on Node, AWS Lambda, and serverless functions I gave at NodeConf Barcelona in 2017
- Lightning talk I gave about learning at Monitorama in 2017 (start at 6m07s)
- Slides from a Security Talk I gave at Make a Diff 2016
- Slides from an intro talk to “DevOps” I gave at *rb in 2015